Aurora LIGHTS News
- Lt. Governor Celebrates APS Pathways to Results. Read more.
- Aurora LIGHTS Open House Dazzles APS Community. Read more.
- North Health Fair Helps Educate Community. Read more.
- APS Students, Technology Featured at ISTE Conference. Read more and view podcast.
The Aurora LIGHTS partnership will support APS in providing the following unique learning opportunities for K-12 students:
- Students at the Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary, Laredo, Paris and Park Lane elementary schools will benefit from integrated curricula that include health sciences field experiences and career exposure.
- After completing the fifth grade, students from the three elementary schools have the opportunity to apply for admission to the North Middle School Academy of Health Sciences & Technology. The academy offers curricula that include health sciences field experiences and career exposure on the Anschutz Medical Campus. More than 90 students are already enrolled in the academy.
- The career pathway continues at Aurora Central and Hinkley high schools with the Academies of Health Sciences & Technology. In addition to academy options, high school students may follow the path to health sciences careers at William Smith High School, the first APS pilot school, or at Pickens Technical College.